Thursday, December 1, 2011

Early morning workouts...

How you keep your body fit over the years changes.  When I was 10 I can remember playing outside all day and never getting tired.  At 21 I had just had my first baby and was in panic mode because I felt like my body had been invaded.  By 25 I was working out and running 3 miles a day after work and really beginning to feel normal again.  My second child came along at 28 and everything is a blur after that.  I was so busy being a mom and wife that I never had time to get back in shape.  Fast forward to today and I'm now 49.  After raising 4 kids (the last one is now 12) I am finally making a "lifestyle change" and putting fitness as a higher priority in my life.  Back when I was 25 and running I would workout after work.  When I was in my 30's I would try and workout on my lunch hour.  After the gym I was using closed I tried walking at lunch with coworkers.  It helped but it just wasn't enough.  I joined the YMCA and started going after work.  Too stressful.  My family still wants dinner cooked and I was picking up fast food after my workout (kind of defeats the whole workout thing).  So two weeks ago I decided to hit the gym at 5am and knock it out early.  It's working great!  But after two weeks it seems like I'm losing steam.  I'm so tired!  I'm even taking a vitamin B1 every day.  I'm really trying but it's sooo dang hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment